High Performance Training Program
The High Performance Training Program is a new program that was introduced at Emmanuel College in 2018. The Health and Physical Education Faculty identified a need to cater for our high performing athletes (including dancers) in the College and to create pathways to tertiary scholarships and professional careers.
This specialised strength and conditioning program has a focus on improving strength (core strength, flexibility, speed/agility and nutrition) and is facilitated by experienced Emmanuel College staff over two weekly sessions.
The program provides exposure to more advanced training practices that may not be practical in a regular class setting. The sessions are held before and after school, with the early morning session including the provision of a healthy breakfast.
• Opportunity to develop specific areas of need relevant to your own sport (eg. speed, strength, power).
• Curriculum links to Unit 1-4 Physical Education (training programs, biomechanics, energy systems)
• Scholarships at universities (American Colleges)
What types of athletes will benefit from this program?
• Athletes from ANY sporting background
• Students from Years 8-12
Sample training session
• Warm up (cardio based - spin bikes) – 5 minutes
• Foam rolling major muscle groups – 5 mins
• Dynamic warm up – 5 mins
• Activation / core work – 10 mins
• Strength conditioning load – 20 mins
• Speed agility work – 10 mins
• Warm down (low intensity cardio, foam rolling & stretching) - 5 mins
Monitoring Student Progress
- • Pre and post program testing
- • Training diary (including wellness reports)
- • Holistic approach (mind, body and soul)
- • Feedback (written & verbal)
• There will be two weekly training sessions
Monday: 3:45pm-5pm Wednesday: 6:45am-8am (breakfast supplied)
• This cost will cover:
Coaching (2 sessions per week for 2018 school year)
Breakfast after morning training session
• Consistently demonstrate the expected behaviours across all areas of Emmanuel College
• High achievement level in chosen sport
• Strong commitment to training and improvement
Application Process• Interested students to complete and submit electronic application form by Wednesday 21 November
• This will include the following information:
- Sporting background
- Personal statement
- Goals for the future (including potential career pathway)
- Signed by parent/guardian
Interactive Application Form
Please download and complete the application form, then save and send via email to email@example.com
Mr Michael Clements firstname.lastname@example.org